Essential Doctrine Made Easy Essential Doctrine Made Easy - Key Christian BeliefsWhat are the basic doctrines of the Christian faith? Essential Doctrine Made Easy ebook outlines and explains 14 key beliefs embraced by believers around the world, such as Christ's Virgin Birth, Atoning Death, and Bodily Resurrection. This bestselling ebook looks at each doctrine and asks two essential questions:
• "What Do I Actually Need to Believe?"
• "What Is At Stake Here?"
Essential Doctrine Made Easy will also show you where to find the answers in the Bible. The ebook also includes a glossary of Christian terms, a chart showing how other religious groups treat these essentials, and much more.
What are the core teachings of the Bible that have defined Christianity for more than 2,000 years? This bestselling ebook outlines and explains:
• God's unity - There is only one God
• God's triune nature - One God in three Persons
• Christ's virgin birth
• Human depravity - No one can win God's favor by their own efforts
• Christ's sinlessness
• Christ's deity
• Christ's humanity
• Necessity of God's grace
• Necessity of faith
• Christ's atoning death
• Christ's bodily resurrection
• Christ's bodily ascension
• Christ's intercession
• Christ's second coming
Each doctrine is examined by answering specific essential questions. For example:
The Doctrine: Christ's atoning death
The penalty for sin is death—not only physical death (separation of the soul from the body), but also spiritual death (separation of ourselves from God). The penalty we owe to God was paid by Christ through his death on the cross. The acceptable payment had to be perfect, complete, and without fault. Christ, the perfect Man, gave Himself in our place, so that whoever believes in Him will not die (physically and spiritually) but have everlasting life (John 3:16).
Question One: What Do I Actually Need to Believe?
Only Christ's sinless life, sacrificial death and bodily resurrection can bring us to God.
Question Two: What's at Stake Here?
The unique nature of Jesus' work of salvation.
• For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. - Mark 10:45
• He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness. - I Peter 2:24
• For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. - I Peter 3:18
• No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6
What do other religions believe?
An easy-to-use chart shows how four other religious groups treat the 14 essentials. A key indicates whether the group accepts, redefines or denies each doctrine, enabling the reader to understand the controversies regarding these religious sects. Other religious groups include:
• Latter Day Saints (Mormonism)
• Jehovah's Witnesses (Watchtower)
• Christian Science
Essential Doctrines Made Easy also addresses belief in the inspiration of Scripture and the methods of interpretation, which are important to faith, although not a necessary factor in salvation.
Four ancient creeds of the early Church are summarized in the ebook, giving an historical overview of what the Church deemed most essential. These creeds include:
• The Apostles' Creed
• The Nicene Creed
• Athanasian Creed
• The Creed of Chalcedon
A glossary of Christian terms is included, defining 24 terms which are widely used but not always understood, such as orthodoxy, mediator, grace, deity, and soteriology.